About Us

The Guruvayoor Campus came into being on 16-07-79 consequent upon the takeover of the Guruvayoor Sahitya Deepika Sanskrit Vidyapeetha at Pavaratty near Guruvayoor, which was founded by Late Sri.P.T. Kuriakkose Master. The earstwhile Vidyapeetha had attained reputation in and outside the state of Kerala as a center of Sanskrit Learning imparting knowledge at graduate and Post graduate levels with affiliation to Madras University in 1934, Kerala University in 1958 and Calicut University in 1968. This abode of ancient traditional status got affiliation with Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan under Ministry of H.R.D. Govt. of India, with effect from January 1970. On 7th May 2002, the institution was declared as a campus of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Deemed University, New Delhi.

Inauguration photo

The Guruvayoor Campus has two centers, one at Puranattukara and the other at Pavaratty.

Puranattukara Campus

P.T Kuriakkose Master Smrithi Bhavan, Pavaratty Centre

The center at Puranattukara, the main center is situated on a beautiful landscape with an extent of fourteen acres. It comprises of main Academic block, Administrative block, Library, Boys & Girls Hostels, Guest House, Auditorium, Play Ground, Semi functional building and staff quarters.

The center at Pavaratty is located on a land of the extent of 50 cents. This center is renamed as P.T. Kuriakkose Smriti Bhawan. There is a single storied building having two big halls, one administrative room and other ten class rooms with all modern amenities.

Deeksha [Non Formal Sanskrit Education] of three months duration and correspondence courses of Learning Sanskrit are being conducted at P.T. Kuriakkose Smriti Bhawan. It is also functioning as a center of Manuscript Collection.